In developing this obstacle, we wanted come up with something super approachable and user friendly. Something that someone just starting out can build their confidence on/ get their first grinds in on before learning how to ollie while also being an obstacle that some of the best pros in the world will also appreciate and have a good time on. We came up with this obstacle at the beginning of 2023 through an extensive process of research and development, quality control sessions, and seeking input from our social media followers. We landed on the name Slap Stick due to the fact that the obstacle can be skated like a flatbar but also lends itself to slappy grinds. For those of you wondering, what's a "slappy grind"? It's when you bash into the side of a grindable surface without ollie-ing and get a grind.
If you're a beginner or parent of a young skater just starting out and are on the fence about what to get, this is one of the best obstacles to learn grinds/ get an introduction to transition/ not to mention is one of the lowest ticket items we sell. And if you're a ripper that can kickflip back overcrook, you'll have a blast locking in/ perfecting your pinch/ and popping your tricks or reverting them back into the transition.
Upgrade options available:
- Available in 4' long or 8' long (If you bought multiple though i.e. two 8' long versions, you can connect them all together to make a 16' long version!)
- Skatelite surfacing for maximum longevity
- Diamond Grind coping for a fun sound and good vibrations
- Counter-sunk weatherproofed screws.
- Schedule 40 - 2" galvanized steel round coping
- Extremely durable and user-friendly for any level skater
- CNC cut ends to ensure coping joints and surfacing seams match up perfectly plus a crescent cut on the bottom of the sides to conform better to unleveled ground.
- Great for learning your first grinds without even having to ollie
In Kit form:
-48" L x 12" W x 4" H
-48" L x 24" W x 6" H (4' long version) or 96" L x 24" W x 6" H (8' long version)
-42 lbs (4' long version) or 84 lbs (8' long version)
U.S. Shipping: Is available if you live within the 48 contiguous states, ramp arrives on your door step via UPS. Please reach out to us if you're interested in shipping to HI, AK, or outside the US for a quote.